R.I.P.: GURU

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Keith Elam a.k.a. Guru
1966-2010

It's been a while since I last posted a blog. It's a been a while since I've searched the internet with some amount of motivation or watched television. I type all this to say that I was surprised to get online the other day to read about Guru's death as I like a lot of his other fans and family was hoping for a positive outcome for this brother and his health. It was also shocking to read about "everything else" (rumors, strife, and a Guru that we possibly did not know) surrounding his death. However, I think the feeling of shock and awe always vibrates within us whenever hip hop has the audacity to show its human face. It can be ugly or pretty but its on us to decide cherish that which is humanly positive.

Rock on Guru. Peace, prayers, and blessings to your son, family, friends, and fans!



0 comments:

Post a Comment